The summer isn’t that far away in reality. It’s hard to imagine it now, in the cold depths of winter, but it won’t be too long before you’re sat in your beautiful back garden, a drink in one hand and a book in the other, drinking up the sun and enjoying your own calm, personal space. Now is the right time to plan ahead for the summer in terms of your back garden, to get everything in order and to choose the best secure garden storage that will serve you well.
In most cases, you’ll be in and out of your garden shed quite a lot over the summer months, no matter what it is you decide to store in there. For some people, the garden shed is where the power tools, the gardening tools and equipment, plant care and seeds are stored away. For others, the everyday bike is stored away at night or the garden furniture if the storage is large enough. With this in mind, it is vital that you choose a secure garden storage solution that matches your needs and gives you peace of mind that your belongings are safe overnight when they are stored away.
The best thing that you can do is to purchase a garden shed from a reputable source, with the highest quality of material used, such as a galvanised steel shed that is designed to keep out intruders and the elements. Your garden items will stay in top condition, away from the weather, whilst also being locked away as securely as possible.
Alongside choosing the highest standard of garden shed to store your items in the first place, overnight during summer and for longer periods in the winter, there are some other things you can do to keep your garden shed as secure as possible:
- Add an extra padlock to the entrance to the shed potentially.
- Keep the keys hidden inside the house, out of sight and never leave in the back garden.
- Lock away all items overnight in the shed, even if you’ve been working late gardening, with spades, forks and other garden tools. Take the time to store everything away securely.
- It is highly recommended that any power tools and other valuable items inside the house.
- Always check your insurance policy and how it relates to items stored in your shed and not inside the house.
- Use a strong anchor point and chain for additional security for bikes, lawnmowers, and other large, valuable items.
- If you do have a large number of valuable items stored in your garden shed, consider installing an alarm around your shed and garden.
Secure garden storage is a must-have for any garden. Having peace of mind that your gardening equipment and tools, all weather garden furniture, bikes, paint pots, and anything else that you want to store away in a secure location, will help you to enjoy your back garden even more. Deterring potential criminals with a secure, galvanised steel metal tool shed, and choosing a shed that looks great and fits the rest of your garden design provides you with the best of both worlds when it comes to choosing secure garden storage solutions.